Sunday, July 29, 2007
Drink Your Water
We all know that water is important. See for yourself:
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (This likely applies to half the world's population)
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so week that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD deydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
- Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory; trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and you will be 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?