Thursday, June 28, 2007

Juice, Juice & More Juice



Well, I think we are going to get some relief from the heat today.
It seems cooler this morning. Maybe a rain shower?

Sometimes it is nice to take a break from eating for a day or two. It gives the body a chance to rest and work on healing things that may not get taken care of if the body is busy digesting foods all day.

Every once in a while I will try to just have juice for the day. I usually will peel 4 or 5 oranges in the late morning and run them through the juicer or sometimes I will just blend them if I want the flesh as well. I usually dilute the juice with a little distilled water.

Today I will also be having one of my favorites...Apple-Carrot-Celery juice.
I take about 6 carrots, 2-3 apples and 2 stalks of celery and juice them together. Pour into a glass and it is really delicious. They apples make the juice quite sweet.

There are so many combinations of juice to make. I'll be posting lots of juice recipes throughout the summer.

No comments: