Friday, March 9, 2012

Chewy Freezer Fudge

I believe this recipe came from the book Real Food Real World, but I have had it on a beat up index card for awhile.
It is super easy and satisfies your sweet tooth.


2 cups almond butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder, or raw carob powder
1/2 cup maple syrup (not technically raw)
1 heaping tablespoon coconut butter
1 teaspoon sea salt

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into a square baking pan that you have lined with parchment paper.


Place fudge into the pan and cover with parchment pressing down evenly to flatten it out.


Chill in freezer for a couple of hours. Lift out of pan onto a flat surface and cut into squares.






Cover and keep in the freezer to keep the pieces firm. Grab a piece as needed and enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really tasty fudge! I agree! I am so going to make this this afternoon! I have all of the ingredinets in the house! Yeah! Looks incredibly tasty!

thanks for sharing with us ! :)

Kelly said...

Would this work with raw honey instead of maple syrup? I'm just starting to incorporate more raw food into my diet, so I'm new to it all!